Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

I am having rock withdrawl.

I’m getting an itch to go looking for rocks. The other day, I found a rock that is filled with little holes. They are, after I examined it closely, worm holes. It’s a sedimentary rock probably some kind of sandstone. It has these really tiny holes and some are quite deep. I will wash it and look at it under the magnifying glass and maybe find other fossils. These find has me itching for more. I’m still eager to examine the creek bed near my house. It’s a gorge that has about seven or eight feet walls on either side, and I’m thinking that deep of a gorge will have fossils. Plus, they dug through the mountain to build the freeway and there are areas of coal that have been exposed with the top and bottom layer of shale, and you know what comes from that time period, lots and lots of plant fossils that will be in the shell. Yep, so, I’m going to stop on the side of the road and dig around and hope I don’t get a ticket for disturbing the rocks. HA! But today, I’m headed down the valley to do some work on my house. I plan on bringing some more plants for my patio, for sure some ivy to grow around the fence that separates my noxious neighbors from me. These people, well that’s another post. But the ivy will give me more privacy and block out some of their gross smoke. Yes, they are smokers and since this is a smoke free apartment place, they smoke outside either near their car, which is in front of my front door, or on their patio. Their smoke comes rolling on to our patio, into any open window or vent, and into my lungs. They also play really loud music. Boom, boom, boom it goes all night and all day long. I’m lucky, I can turn off my hearing aides, but Mr. Zelda, well he has to hear it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home