Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

When Stroll doesn't mean to walk and when Safety Belt doesn't mean well Safety belt.

Okay, I finally get Chuck Berry’s song, No Particular Place To Go.
Forever, I couldn’t understand why everyone was so upset. My grandmother thought it was awful and my mother forbade my sisters to listen to it. Well, through the years, I tried to find the awful sin in this song and it wasn’t until last night that it hit.
“So we parked way out on ko-ko-mo” Okay innocent enough
“The night was young and the moon was gold”
So we both decided to take a stroll” Stroll, could that be a euphemism for boinking? Let’s see.
“Can you imagine the way I felt
I couldn’t unfasten her safety belt.” OHHH, there it is, the taking off the old belt, the belt, that’s the stand in for so many things, like chastity belt, panties, oh oh or even the ever saying nope young girl who will stroll on so far but turns the lock and says no, and nothing can be done to get that lock off. I know, I was one of those it’s locked up tighter than Fort Knox. Yep, that’s it. That Chuck, I really like him.

Now when my family wonders outloud why I need to study those awful Latin Poets, I can say, to understand Chuck.

2 Comments:

Blogger isabelita said...

Chuckle - I like that use of studying anicent poets to pick up on the timeless mysteries in that song! Some stuff never ages, eh?

11:04 AM  
Blogger zelda1 said...

Isabelita, I, too, like applying old buisness to new buisness. Like, who'd a thunked that a woody was a woody long before the kids during the 90s rediscovered it. WOW!

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home