Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

The Baby is here!

Yesterday, when I arrived home from school, my son had a surprise for me. While I was at school, my daughter called and told him she needed a babysitter while she went to look for a job. He met her halfway down the mountain and while she wasn’t dressed for a job interview, who cares, we have The Baby. I was having a really bad day and then saw my son carrying The Baby to me and my entire outlook changed.

The Baby was dressed in dirty clothes and dirty socks and worn out shoes. He has new shoes that we bought him, but she has lost them as well as the clothes that we have bought over the last few months. It happened that I had picked him up a few short and shirt sets and when he was in the apartment situated, I gave him the sack. He said, “Ooooooh, uncle see.” He was so happy and immediately began taking off his old clothes. Since we were going out to eat, I washed him up and put him one of his new sets of clothes on and off we went to eat out. Then we landed at Penny’s where I bought him more clothes and some really cool shoes that look like race cars and they light up. He was pleased with the new shoes, so much pleased that he had to wear them out of the store. We then made a run to Wal-Mart to buy him some of those baby diaper swimming trunks and a life jacket vest thingy and sun screen and his special soap and lotion and socks and sippy cups and all of those things that she never sends back. So, we are set. Today, we are going to the boy’s/girl’s club where we are members and let The Baby swim.

By the way, I have an attorney, who is friends with the DA that is prosecuting my daughter and with all the previous arrests records and all of that, he is confident that I will win custody. So, the battle officially begins Tuesday. So this may well be my last visit until I get custody. I just hope she doesn’t run with him, but she is facing criminal charges and it may be that our custody will occur when she is sentenced. I’m not sure, but for now, he is playing on the patio, The Good Son is rolling a ball to him, and we are all just happy to have him. He is so happy. For breakfast, his favorite food, cooked apples with homemade biscuits and gravy, it was worth it to see him smile, even with it all in his hair. Next week, I’m getting the Seven-Year-Old.

3 Comments:

Blogger isabelita said...

So, zelda, it looks like you live in a state that gives custody of children to the mother, no matter how bad she is as a parent? My brother lives in Tennessee, and he has made that observation about his state's custodial award practices.

1:23 PM  
Blogger zelda1 said...

It's true that I have a slim chance but she has a drug conviction, which she is on probation for, and she was recently arrested for breaking and entering, plus she has other criminal records. Our lawyer is optimistic and the district attorney wants to put her away, so hopefully we will win this thing. If not, well, I'm thinking of getting him and running as far from here as possible, just to keep him safe.

1:39 PM  
Blogger CB said...

The Baby The Baby! Yay! I always like to hear that you have him because then I know how he is; cause you know he's one of my fav kids and i aint too fond of kids. When you get him forever (I beleive you will) and I aint pounded down with stuffs, I'm gonna come see that baby. Glad to hear he likes swimming.

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home