Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Monday, September 12, 2005

Cold Weather

God, it was great today. The weather was so mild and the sun seemed to have just lost her strength. I walked and walked and only felt fatigue from walking not from the heat. I was high with the feel of the changing season. It’s like that, to me anyway, makes me giddy. I want to burn leaves in a ditch, I want to play baseball, I want to see darkness before 5, and play hide and seek, and I really want to feel the chill. That’s always been me, the cold one, the one who wants to sleep with the window open in the middle of winter. I love the way the cold takes my breath and burns my eyes. It’s like freshness and it makes me feel life like no other season or no other things make me feel. I got out my sweaters and my thick pants and my long johns and my gloves and my scarves and all of my cold weather clothes and it will be in the 80s tomorrow and it will rain the next day and soon it will fall into the 70s and then it will just drop until ice and snow comes. I am so happy, today, I am happy.

1 Comments:

Blogger delagar said...

I'm so jealous. It's not cold here yet.

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home