Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

I'm free.

I did it. I told my sister that I am not coming to the family Thanksgiving feast. I admit that I did it over email, and I might have lied just a little to keep her from insisting, but at least I am not going there and won't have to put up with smart ass brother in law who is a raciest and sexists pig. Plus, my older sister won't critique my every move and remind me that at 51 I should either get a job or enjoy my age and not work so hard at going to school. I mean, what is her deal? Then there is loud mouth niece-in-law who talks and talks and says nothing, plus she shows way too much cleavage for my comfort. Then, my great nieces will be there and running and yelling and crying and all of that, so I am getting out of it. So, I am making a turkey, dressing, giblet gravy, and greenbeans and sweet potatoes. I will bake one pecan pie for hubby and son, and will make me a sugar free pumpkin pie. I'm leaning toward rolls but might make a loaf. I don't know, I'm just fucking happy that I am not going to the valley. Maybe my daughter will come and bring my babies. For the first time since 1989, I will have Thanksgiving with my family. The Good Son, Mr. Zelda, and hopefully The Evil Daughter and two perfect grandchildren. All is well on the hill.

5 Comments:

Blogger delagar said...

Yay for you!

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! We considered an escape plan this year too, but in the end we caved.

8:36 AM  
Blogger OTRgirl said...

We're driving 15 hours north to Seattle! Your plan sounds wonderful. I hope your daughter comes...

2:24 PM  
Blogger CB said...

flamin' awesome!!!!! Go Zelda Go Zelda!

7:37 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

Oh, good for you, Zelda. I'm so glad to hear you did this. It amazes me that during the holidays, people go palces they don't want to go to be with people who either abuse or enrage them. And anyway, it's nice to be in your own home.

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home