Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

To feed or not

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15720339/ If you found the article then you will see just how crazy our world has become. A woman can be kicked off of a plane for breastfeeding her baby. Now, how many women do you suppose get kicked off for say, shoving their over-siliconed breasts in the faces of the passengers on the plane? I hope the woman sues for herself and for her infant. Both should get millions. The very idea.

5 Comments:

Blogger OTRgirl said...

That's ridiculous!!

1:03 PM  
Blogger delagar said...

I used to get shit from my own family for feeding my kid in public. But at least they couldn't push me around.

10:15 AM  
Blogger jo(e) said...

Yeah, it's hard to believe.

And there's no logic to it. I mean, on an airplane, I would very much prefer to sit near a peacefully nursing baby than a screaming hungry one whose ears hurt because he isn't sucking anything.

4:27 PM  
Blogger zelda1 said...

When my children were babies, it was the late seventies and breasts feeding was not cool. I remember sitting in a diner with my children's father and my daughter only a couple of months old and we were eating and she began to cry and I tried giving her a bottle of breast milk and she never could manage the artificial nipples and so I resorted to breast feeding her. The waitress asked me to go the bathroom and feed her there and to that I said, "No, I'm not feeding my baby in the bathroom where the only place to sit is on a commode." She then asked us to leave and my husband told her to call the cops and have us removed but we would sue the pants off of the owner. Needless to say, we stayed put, ate, and left. My baby girl nursed, fell asleep, and never bothered anyone. It's so sad that people are afraid to see a nursing mother and baby, but don't care to see nipples through shirts, cleavage out the you know where, and pelvic bones from way too low of pants. My point is that the most innocent use of the mammary glads seems to be the most offensive. How sad.

5:21 AM  
Blogger Chaser said...

As somebody who is childless and not overly crazy about children, I'm 100 percent with jo(e). Let the baby eat and leave the rest of us in peace, otherwise s/he's going to be miserable and, by the by, make everybody else that way, too. Jeez. People are so dumb sometimes.

Maybe we should just refuse to let mothers travel. Yeah, that's the ticket. Take away their shoes, too.

5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home