Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

I love the cold

Today is a good day. Mr. Zelda is at work and I have been up since long before daylight. I even took a trip to the river, the White River, and looked around for rocks and drift wood. It was cold, very cold and windy.
I am feeling so good these last few days, minus the lack of energy, well, it’s not like I have no energy, I just don’t have all the energy I had previous to surgery. I am, though, able to stay up all day, go to class, and cook. So, I’m better.
What I don’t have is that gut wrenching pain that comes from the digestive tract digesting itself. Yep, that pain has been with me for so long that I had forgotten that it wasn’t supposed to be there, so for that I am very happy.
I love this cold dreary weather. I love that the sun is hidden and that no sweat anywhere can be found on my body and that my breathing is easy and unlabored. I have started crocheting, yikes, what is that all about? It has been days since I have had anything for pain and other than my back, I’m good. So, today is a good day.

2 Comments:

Blogger CB said...

my favorite thing about winter is that I can breath easy; I mean, no extreme humidity and heat to make my lungs feel like they're collapsing. Oh yes, so glad for the cold winter.

And so glad to hear that the gut pain is gone. So how's that eating coming along?

1:56 PM  
Blogger delagar said...

I love the cold too. It's bone-cold down here in Pork Smith and I am leaving the windows open at night (mr. delagar whines) and cooking again. Yay winter!

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home