Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Finally, no more car shopping

We were debt free. We paid the truck off, and had the title free and clear. No more big debt, I thought. Well not actually debt free, but no car payments. Truck paid for and then we bought another. It’s new and shinny and has that new smell and only five miles and we like it but we now have big car payments. Too big. I don’t like this but with all the driving Mr. Zelda does we needed fuel economy. So we bought a little car that has great mileage. In the meantime, I will struggle through graduate school, and he will struggle through undergraduate school, and hopefully we can make ends meet. I just hope for a balanced checkbook at the end of the month. This is the first new car I have had in years. The truck was new but it was his before we were married, I always bought my sister’s hand-me-downs, good cars but never new. I’m still waiting on my new bed. I wonder if I will get it? I sure had my sights set on that sleigh bed, cherry wood, nice firm mattress, but hey, it will be okay. I can wait. What’s important is the gas efficiency. If I keep telling myself, I might just believe it.

2 Comments:

Blogger kevenvision said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:02 PM  
Blogger delagar said...

Eh, everyone has car payments. That hardly counts as debt. Enjoy the new car, I say.

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home