Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

To Breathe or not to Breathe

I have asthma, which means that sometimes I wake from a sound sleep and feel as if I am being suffocated. I try to take a breath and it won’t come and so I do my inhaler or an updraft and fight the suffocation that is what happened last night. Sometime around 2:30 I felt it coming, the tightening of my bronchioles, so I did my inhaler, which helped a bit but not for long. By the time I got downstairs where all my good drugs are, I couldn’t feel any air leaving or entering my lungs. I almost called 911 but I knew that it would subside, it always does, enough amminophylline and it will ease and finally it did and I was able to breathe. I don’t know what caused it, most of the time I don’t, but I suspect my neighbors smoking has a lot to do with it. They smoke outside and I believe somehow the smoke gets into the ducts and when the cooling unit kicks on it blows it into our house. So, I didn’t make it to school today. At 6:00 am, I was exhausted and sick to my stomach and unable to speak, another side effect of the amminophylline. So, I am home and studying Latin and reading and surfing the net and not cleaning or cooking. Yep, that’s me, today that is.

2 Comments:

Blogger delagar said...

Rats. Hope you feel better. I suppose it's too late to move somewhere where folks don't smoke?

8:44 AM  
Blogger zelda1 said...

Yep too late, signed a lease and paid rent for about six months, so, I have to tough it out. They smoke outside, just it gets in the central air unit which is outside and blows right inside my little apartment. I am much better, though, did some wheezing earlier today, but now just a little short of breath.

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home