Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Murder is Murder

I am opposed to the death penalty. It doesn’t stop crime and vengeance is not a good reason to kill. I find it barbaric and without any kindred to humanity. Last night, a woman in Texas was murdered by the state. Her alleged crime was killing her husband and two children; yet she maintained her innocence. I am not saying she was innocent or guilty, I am saying it was wrong to kill her. It was wrong to take that life. Why not let her spend the rest of her life in prison? We are such an uncivilized society and it grieves me that people actually celebrate the death penalty as the right thing to do, the moral thing to do. I am grieved and hold my head in shame, not because the victim was a woman, nor that she was black, but because she was human and we should not treat humans or animals with such depraved indifference, even if they are depraved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home