Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Potato Soup for Mr. Zelda

Today, I am cooking potato soup. This is usually the day that I cook meat and lots of other things like vegetables as my son used to say when he was young, “On Sundays, my mom uses all the burners on the stove and the oven too.” That meant, they got really good food. Anyway, it is still a tradition and usually on Sunday, my children and sometimes a friend or two will drop in for a big meal.
But today, my husband, who has crones, is having a huge flare up. So, it’s soup, good soup, but just soup. My son called, my daughter called, and while they want to come visit, they don’t want to come visit for just soup. I get the feeling most of their visits are for food. I told them, the soup is good and all that, but they wanted roast, carrots, and the little bitty potatoes, home made bread and a pie. Yes, I do it up on Sundays. So, they are not driving up the mountain and I am going to give Mr. Zelda good soup and hope he is feeling better.
On the bright side, I get to spend the day writing, and reading, and studying Latin. Yep, those are my favorite things to do these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home