Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

It's Hot!

It’s 2:30 in the morning, and I can’t sleep. In fact, I have been awake for over an hour. I woke up with a hot flash. My hair was sticking to my neck, my clothes were wet, and I felt nauseated. I thought it might be high or low sugar so I got up and did the finger stick. Ouch! That fucking hurts. Blood sugar good. So, I turned down the air. I’m now seeing frost on the windows. I like that, but I’m still hot and I have a fucking fan a foot away blowing so high my mouth fills with air every time I look in that direction. There is nothing to do but wait it out.

My friend told me her nephew calls menopause adolescence in reverse. I sorta like that. I don’t remember having hot flashes at the onset of puberty but I do remember the sore breasts, the cramping, the mood swings, the bad skin, the sleeplessness, so perhaps he is right. At least at 2 in the morning, the coffee is good, the silence is good, and my office is mine. So, this little interruption in my sleep isn’t that big of a deal. It’s passing now, I am feeling the cool air, the sweat is gone, and I probably could go back to sleep but why? The day is young.

1 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

Hi zelda1, Thanks for the post, It's Hot!. I found it interesting. I was searching for information about hot flashes. Even though it's not quite what I was looking for, I appreciate your sharing. hot flashes Deb

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home