Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Pesticides and lungs and fetuses

I was reading over at DED Space, about the republican senators who voted to approve exposing fetuses to pesticides and it brought this whole repressed memory to my not so repressed memory. I had Polio and before the doctor came and sent me to Children’s Hospital. That was back in the day when doctors made house calls. I was in this feverish almost coma state, and I remember my mom spraying pesticide over my bed to kill the flies. I was having such a hard time breathing and I didn’t have the strength to tell her to stop. I tired to cover my mouth with the sheet but I was too weak. All I remember is this smell and it hurting me to breathe. That is how I picture the unborn fetus that is exposed to chemicals either by accident or on purpose by its mother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home